Refrigeration Cost Cutting Tips
Top ten tips to reduce your refrigeration costs from Ultimate Cooling.
There are a number of things you can do as part of your regular refrigeration cleaning and maintenance routine which will help reduce your costs. Here at Ultimate Cooling, we believe in equipping our customers with the knowledge to look after any equipment we install for you, safe in the knowledge that we are always available to service, repair and maintain any refrigeration and air conditioning equipment when you need us.
Your cellar cooler, fridges, freezers, ice machines, soft drink dispensers and flash coolers are vital to the continued operation of your business, therefore it makes a lot of sense to look after them.
As a general rule, you need to make sure your beer store is kept between 10-12 degrees centigrade at all times.
Top Cleaning and Maintenance Tips
- Clean the condenser and evaporator coils and fins on your cooling unit at least once a week. Make it part of your regular refrigeration cleaning and maintenance routine
- Keep your remote cooler free from clutter so that the air can circulate around the unit. If half of the grills are covered with boxes of crisps or bottled drinks, the cooling capacity is reduced by half.
- Keep your remote cooler switched on at all times. They are designed to run this way.
- Keep your remote cooler topped up with water.
- Monitor the glycol level for your cooler. If you notice is it is low, call us and we will replenish your system.
- Ensure your door gaskets seal correctly. This stops warm air seeping in (and cold getting out) which will cost you money.
- Fit strip curtains to any walk-in fridge or freezer, or to the door of your cellar, to add extra insulation.
- If you store cask and keg in the same cellar, fit a strip curtain between the two areas to keep the colder air in the keg area.
- Check all door latches and closers to make sure they are shutting correctly to form a proper seal.
- Turn off your ice machine at night. It is well insulated and will be fine until the morning. Same goes for any bottle chiller fridges.
Ultimate Cooling Ltd. Refrigeration and Air Conditioning specialists based in Morecambe.